BOROUGH OF DUBOISTOWN
DuBoistown is located in northeast Lycoming County and lies on the south side of the Susquehanna River from the city of Williamsport. The population was 1,280 at the 2000 census. DuBoistown Borough is included in the 83rd State Representative District, the 23rd State Senatorial District and the 5th U.S. Congressional District. DuBoistown is a residential community with small businesses.
The town built by the DuBois brothers and established as a borough in 1878 is by no means the beginning of the history of Duboistown. It is situated at the mouth of Mosquito Run on the banks of the West Branch Susquehanna River. A tribe of Susquehannock Indians had what appears to have been a fairly major settlement at the mouth of the creek. The early European settlers found the remains of an Indian village there. Arhaeologic evidence of earthenware, soapstone ware, pestles, hatchets, ornaments and charms were found on the land that is across the river from Lycoming Creek and near where the Sheshequin Path crossed the river.
The 200 block of Summer Street in DuBoistown is decorated for Christmas each December and is known as Candy Cane Lane. In 2007, the mayor of the borough proclaimed the month of "December as Candy Cane Lane month forever more in DuBoistown